The Holy Paladin Guide by elitist jerk

Jefferies

Re: The Holy Paladin Guide by elitist jerk

Aliandiene
I have read this article at least five times and still I am left with the following questions.

1. How do I determine and describe what kind of Healing that I can do? I have been told to add up the two numbers Bonus Damage and Bonus Healing, is that right?

2. I know I increase my healing numbers through spell power. I have been able to get my Bonus Healing to 1664, with buff food and elixirs I get that number up to an average of 1833. Is that good?

3. Crit Chance, what do I do with this is this something I need to be paying attention to? Seems to me that the higher this is the more healing I can do with less mana use.

4. Mana regen, with Wisdom up my regen is at 359, is that good? Where should it be?

5. I won Circle of Arcane Streams last night. It has a hit rating of 31 and a critical strike rating of 35 on it, I rolled and won but I am fairly sure that I will need to replace soon. I don’t feel right about winning something that I will need to replace soon when someone else might be able to use it for awhile.

6. I think I am doing ok because I healed through six heroics yesterday. I would like to maximize my skill on the equipment I have so as I get upgrades I can put them to better use.

7. As I said in my guild app, I have only been healing a couple of weeks. Any information you have to offer would be appreciated. I use Healbot and I am starting to look at using some macros to make my healing more efficient. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to go and do research to learn what I need to know but after a week of looking I seem to be missing the information on the net somehow. This article is good but assumes that you are already know something of the subject to begin with. That was not me. I will continue to read this article and to learn but some input from what others have learned would be nice.

If you read this far thanks,

Have a good day

Ali

Ali

Re: The Holy Paladin Guide by elitist jerk

Heelbot
Administrator
Spell power is spell power. It will come with your items, but 1833 is a good number for now.

As a paladin healer, crit is your bread and butter.  Whenever you crit, it makes you better in all sorts of ways, so aside from items with spell power, you are always looking Int and crit.  Haste is fine, and its ok to get some, but priority is crit and Int.

That neck you won wasn't really an upgrade for anyone else, so it made sense for it to go to you.  Healers have no need for hit rating, because our targets are not trying to resist our spells.  However, that neck had alot of int and crit on it, making it still good for you.

You are doing just fine.  Irysblk and Jeffries are both very good pally healers that i know, and you can ask them anything you need to in game.  (About enchants and gemming and that kind of thing)