Proper Raid Attitude

eatmopie
I just had a thought after being gone for a few days and people telling me about the raid that I missed....  Apparently I missed a wipe a thon on Meloriak because DPS just didn't have what it takes to blow him up under the enrage timer...ect. ect. ect.

That sucks..wipe a thons are no fun.... However, it is also great that everyone is doing all the things that need to be done to live that long...

I think a large part of the problem isn't bad dps or bad players or bad gear.. its a less than possitive attitudes going into the fight...

The most important thing is.. don't go into a boss fight with the mind set " oh damn this is that shitty boss that wiped us 100 times last week and we will never get him down!"

 plz don't think that way..

 we have a great guild and we will continue to progress at our own pace .. which will pick up, quite a bit faster if people go into a fight with that sense of " I know this fight, I know my class, I know my rotation, I know my guild has the tools to get me loot.. so fun time is about to start!!"  or something to that effect... I know its sounds corny but really it will make a difference and for god sake have some damn fun..

Good attitudes won't do it all so, I highly recommend people practice their dps on dummies.. ask people if they need help.. with rotations, gems, specs, or gear.. I am generally happy to run a heroic and I literally have experience with every single class in the game with the exception of warlocks and rogues... I can help.. Raan can help..and several other really quality dpsers... Elitistjerks.com... can help...  I will even practice with you ..   there is more to dps than just knowing your classes spells and which buttons to hit...

there are a ton of videos out there but here is one that helped me a lot back in the day to maximize my dps... even though he is a hunter he is a insanely good player.. so take 10 mins out of your life and watch this and maybe you will learn even one little thing that needs worked on.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kripparrian#p/u/24/VgDjG_0ecTI

<nabble_embed>http://www.youtube.com/user/Kripparrian#p/u/24/VgDjG_0ecTI</nabble_embed>

Re: Proper Raid Attitude

eatmopie
He is boring to listen to.. but I still HIGHLY RECOMMEND watching that vid if you are a dps and plan on raiding...