Heads up, I'm retiring late December

boskone
It's been a blast playing with you guys for the last two years, but after 7 years of WoW I need something else to do.

Star Wars: The Old Republic opens on the 20th of December, and having preordered I'll be able to play starting on the 18th.  Unless the game just sucks, I won't be playing WoW regularly after that.  I'll probably drop in around xpac times to keep up with the storyline, especially since it looks like there will only be two more and the Warcraft universe will be done.

I wanted to make sure y'all were aware so you can start planning to fill the hole, rather than the more usual "K, guys, I'm out" at the last minute.

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

Jefferies
This post was updated on .
Jeff: There's something not right here... I feel cold. Death.

Yoda: [points to a cave opening beneath a large tree] That place... is strong with the dark side of the Force. A domain of evil it is. In you must go.

Jeff: What's in there?

Yoda: Only what you take with you.

Yoda: Your weapons, you will not need them.

Well hoping see many you guys join the dark side.  Free cookies and punch if you join right now or wait and feel the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

boskone
Fully armed and operational battlestation?  Hell, no, we all know how that turns out.

We'll go with some half-trained troops, safer and more effective.

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

Jefferies
3rd time the charm.

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

boskone
Well, there was the Death Star, Death Star II, Eye of Palpatine, Suncrusher, various Super Star Destroyers, Galaxy Gun, the Tarkin, World Devestators, Death Star Prototype, and who knows what else that I'm forgetting.

What'd all this get defeated by?  A bunch of yokels in converted liners and freighters.

In a more general sense, there was the Thought Bomb, the Gravity Bomb, the Starforge, the Dark Reaper, Starkiller, and some bomb to blow up planets.

The common thread to all of these?  They were all blown up by highly trained, cheaper weapons (e.g. well-equipped people).  I think I'll stick with my "no superweapons" thought.  :D

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

Jefferies
Mass shadow generator, Yo'gand's Core and Centerpoint Station are the few you missed.

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

Jefferies
And let not forget the most powerful force in the universe........ewoks.

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

boskone
I wish they'd used one of the aforementioned superweapons on the freakin' ewoks...:p

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

boskone
If it wasn't apparently, SW:TOR's started.

Unless the SWTOR starts to suck I'll prolly just pop in for WoW xpacs to keep up with the story, but I don't have time to do two MMOs.

I've posted my contact info; I'd very much like for people to contact me; just ID yourself so I know it's not spam.

GL, HF, DD.  <3

If anyone pics it up, I'm Nanonnal on Helm of Graush, in Ars Ultionis.

Re: Heads up, I'm retiring late December

eatmopie
Have fun .. swtor is a great game.. but just like most of the new mmos... after a month two at the most it will lose its shiny and that addictive monster called wow will drag you back in.. lol