DPS - Limited time offer

Blk

DPS - Limited time offer

Blk
I have noticed that our DPS is severely lacking and classes that should be topping meters are struggling to beat tanks.  As such I will offer my aid if you want it.  The services I am offering are:

Optimal reforging based on your current gear and all future gear.
Best Gems
Bis lists based on your play style
Spec optimization based on your play style
Explaining rotations and conducting practice to perfect it
Setting up keybinds for maximum efficiency

To participate in this you must do the following:
Contact me here or in game
Be willing to spend the gold to gem/glyph/reforge your gear
Be in vent
Spend 1-2 hours hitting a dummy with me and more if necessary
Be able to take criticism
Actually use key binds and stop being a clicker
Put in the effort to be better

This is open to all classes except druids right now.

And why listen to me?  I have built countless spreadsheets for wow from 70-85 and use actual mechanics as opposed to simcraft fights that don't take skill/jobs into account.  In horrible gear I am able to outperform better geared people since I started playing in bc.  It all comes down to figuring out how you play and then changing your class and computer to fit you.  Elitist Jerks will tell you how to play in heroic Bis gear, but I will tell you how to use your current gear to maximize your potential.
In real life I rp a warrior priest.  Come get some!

Blk

Re: DPS - Limited time offer

Blk
This post was updated on .
Also, please include in your letter what spec you WANT to play and what specs you would be willing to respect to.

Please also write your current rotation, stat priority (ie what stats you gem/reforge to), and your current dps on a raid dummy in a self buffed, no food/flask and  no heroism for a FIVE MINUTE test.  If you want my help applications must be submitted by next weekend.

In real life I rp a warrior priest.  Come get some!

Re: DPS - Limited time offer

eatmopie
Plz contact blk... there is nothing embarrassing about trying to improve... there isnt a single person in the guild I do not enjoy playing wow with... I can't think of one of you I wouldnt hang out with have a beer share a steak or whatever in a friendly way outside of wow..other than maybe Drakma.. :P..seriously though.. knowing that there are a few people performing below where they need to be.. and it is the difference between killing rag on 25 man.. or downing yomomma the unsleeping before enrage etc... this is the perfect opportunity to work out the kinks... because wiping over and over again is not enjoyable for anyone and it isn't fair for the players that are prepared and are doing their best to perform at a optimal lvl..(It does take practice and research and more practice and obviously gear)... so plz if you look at the meters and are consistantly lower than you know you should be .not just dps either healers too.... plz ask for help.. and even though i'm no pro I have been playing wow for 7years and know a thing or two about a thing or two so talk to me... if Blk isnt around.. I will put in the time to help anyone improve as long as they are willing to make the effort!

btw thnx for posting this Blk!!
Blk

Re: DPS - Limited time offer

Blk
Time is running out!  Pls go hit a target dummy everyone!  If you are doing under 16k solo in a five minute test (without heroism) then please contact me asap!  This is the BARE MINIMUM you should be doing.  Also if you struggle on target switching/moving I can drill it with you.   Heck, if you want to get hit capped and are struggling with being just under or over, I can see if I can get you closer.

Please don't be content with doing more dos than the healers!  You should strive to be in the top ten, and then top five, then top three!  (Stay off #1 cause I'm going to aim to knock Ran out as soon as I get my two axes!)  Competition is important for dps because competitive dps kills bosses.  If we hit an enrage timer and you are bottom five/three then I am calling you out.  And don't blame gear - do what I did and farm honor/heroics for weapons/gear.  A 390 pvp piece beats a 353 piece, and in special cases a 378 piece.  Melee get your conquest farm on so you can get a 397 weapon if a raid doesn't drop one.  Gear only becomes an issue once you are at 85%+ performance.  If you can hit 90% efficiency you will be #1-3 on any pug and in the top ten of our raids.  If you do 60% even the best gear will put you in the bottom.
In real life I rp a warrior priest.  Come get some!

Blk

Re: DPS - Limited time offer

Blk
I wanted to clarify something for people.

DPS - maximum damage POTENTIAL AND damage per UPTIME ON BOSS
Damage Done - how much damage you did after all the moving/switching
Activity - how fast you are using abilities

In a raid, damage done is what kills bosses.  My first focus will be to increase your dps.  This will increase your potential damage done by a lot.  However, you could be 6th highest dps in a fight but not make it in the top 10 damage done.  If this happens it means your UPTIME on the boss was low, but when you were on him you were hitting hard.  This could be due to dying early, running oom, switching to adds slowly, etc.  This is a more difficult thing to fix and my advice for this is to come pvp with me as pvp will teach you how to move AND kill stuff.

This is not a miracle program, I guarantee I can up your dps but there will always be people with faster reflexes / fingers in the damage done that will beat some people even with lower dps.

I have a fairly fast reaction time but my fingers are slow (I suck at Mario Party).  I actually changed my keybind settings so much that none of you could play my toon in order for my slow fingers to be able to hit buttons faster.
In real life I rp a warrior priest.  Come get some!